Moving to a new house can be a big undertaking, but there are some steps you can take to make the process smoother. Here are some things to do to prepare for a house move:
Things to consider when moving home
- Declutter: Take the opportunity to go through your belongings and get rid of anything you no longer need. Donate, sell, or dispose of items that are no longer useful to you.
- Create a moving checklist: Make a list of all the tasks you need to complete before and during the move. This will help you stay organised and on track.
- Notify important parties: Notify your utility companies, internet and cable providers, and any other important parties about your move. This will help ensure a smooth transition to your new home.
- Pack early: Start packing as early as possible, beginning with items that you don’t use frequently. Label boxes clearly with their contents and the room they belong in.
- Hire a moving company: Research moving companies and hire one that meets your needs and budget. If you are moving long-distance, make sure to get an estimate and discuss any special requirements you may have.
- Prepare for the move day: Arrange for parking for the removal vehicle/s, prepare your appliances for transport, and make arrangements for children or pets.
- Clean your current home: After all your belongings have been packed up and moved out, clean your current home thoroughly before leaving. This will ensure you get your security deposit back, if applicable.
- Unpack strategically: When you arrive at your new home, prioritise unpacking essential items and items that you use frequently. Unpack one room at a time, and make sure to dispose of any packing materials as you go
Remember to empty your loft in readiness.
Make your move less stressful by following these easy steps.
By following these steps, you can help make your move less stressful and more organised.